Important Information Regarding COVID-19
As we navigate the COVID-19 Pandemic, the last few weeks have been challenging for everyone and realize our patients have questions. In looking forward to resuming our normal routines, we are aware that “life as usual” may have to be modified for some time. While many things have changed, we remain committed to your child’s health and safety.
At Dentistry for Children & Adolescents, we continue to be as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and team members. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear (N95 masks, disposable gowns, head caps, face shields), using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more.
Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and team. In addition, we have added new systems and protocols:
- Germicidal UV light systems in our A/C Units.
- Medical grade air purifiers in the treatment rooms and throughout the office.
- Hand sanitizer stations
- Disinfectant foggers
- New schedule to allow for social distancing
When you come back to our office, you may notice that we are doing things a little different. We made these changes to help protect our patients and our team. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some COVID-19 screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. If you or your child are sick, kindly notify us ahead of your appointment and we will reschedule your visit.
- When you arrive at the office, please let us know that you are waiting in the car. We will come get you as soon as we are ready for you. If you already have a mask, we kindly ask that you wear it as you enter our office.
- For now, we are only allowing the patient and one parent in the office at the time of the visit. Children older than 10 y/o may come in to the appointment by themselves.
- As you come in, we will take your temperature. We will also request that you disinfect your hands with hand sanitizer.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer PlayStation games, magazines, or toys. 🙁
- For your convenience, and in order to minimize check-out time, we have a new Remote Pay system that allows you to pay for your visit by using your phone or computer.
- We have also established a new Information Intake system that will allow you to fill out forms, send a copy of your new insurance card and receive information via text or email.
- If your insurance has changed since your last visit, please call us or text/email us a picture of the front and back of your new dental insurance card before you arrive.
- We are aware that many patients may have lost their dental insurances. In order to help you afford the treatment that your child needs now, we are offering several payment options. You may also be interested in joining our in-house “Membership Plan”.
We understand how uncertain these times are for everyone. We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to ass
Until we see you again, please stay safe and healthy!
Dr. Santos & Team